KYOTO INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Kyoto may be famous for its thousands of Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines, traditional wooden houses, geishas and tempting cuisine, but it is also an important hub for Japan’s leading hi-tech companies. The former Imperial capital is one of the country’s main academic centers and has long established business ties with the rest of the world making it an excellent city to intern abroad in – particularly for business, IT, marketing, logistics and hospitality.
Kyoto beautifully balances the preservation of its past with modern conveniences and access to the surrounding countryside. With our Kyoto internship program, you can strengthen your work experience with an internship while exploring the historic region. Similar with Tokyo, English is not widely used, so you will have the chance to learn new language, especially Kyoto-ben. If you are interested in any aspect of Japan’s traditional arts and culture, Kyoto is the place to be.
We also have Tokyo internship and special hospitality program in Hokkaido, Okinawa, and Nagasaki with positions offered are culinary arts and front office.
Kyoto Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Kyoto Internship Program in available anytime along the year for minimum 4 weeks to maximum 24 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday
Suggested Activities in Kyoto
1. Participate in a tea ceremony – Experiencing tea ceremonies, known as chado or sado, in Kyoto can be different from any places Japan. The ceremony is sacred due to its strong Zen Buddhist roots. You will not only practice how to prepare tea artfully before serving it but will also practice mindfulness.
2. Relax in the onsen – About 20 kilometers from the center of Kyoto is Kurama, a quaint town known for its traditional hotels and baths. Kurama onsen is the best onsen in Kyoto area which has both indoor and outdoor baths. Spending your time to experience onsen bliss while surrounded by forested is a great way to relax tired muscles.
3. Visit Kyoto International Manga Museum – At the Kyoto International Manga Museum, you can browse through popular manga, learn about its influence in the post-WWII era, watch artists create manga, and even have your portrait drawn. Though the majority of manga is in Japanese, there are quite a few English copies in the gargantuan manga library.
• Local Japanese people, all nationalities eligible for Temporary Visit Visa or Special Visa(*), foreign talent in Japan (with valid visa)
• Above 18 years old
• Fluent in English
• Fluency in basic Japanese preferred.
• The Program is endorsed by your University/Education Institutions
(*)Temporary Visit Visa is valid for the internship program less than 90 days and no salary given during the internship. While Special Visa is valid for the internship program longer than 90 days.
4 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Kyoto
- Meeting and greeting – Bow politely when you meet someone, thank them, or say goodbye. The locals don’t expect you to do it perfectly but they will appreciate you if you understand their culture. It is also necessary to bring small gift when you’re returning from a trip. The simple gesture of sharing something from your home will be greatly appreciated
- Public behavior – Try not to speak on your mobile phone while on trains and buses, and announcements encourage travellers to switch phones to silent mode. Speak loudly is considered rude as it can disturb fellow passengers. You need also pay attention to queue culture. Kyoto takes the act of queuing up to an extreme level.
- Language matters – Learn the local language. It will help you a lot to communicate with others. Also, they will appreciate you more because you put effort to learn their language.
Start your Kyoto internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the vise and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Kyoto.
Register yourself now with the Application Form.
See you soon in Kyoto!