SHANGHAI INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Shanghai has been one of the fastest developing cities in the world in the last two decades. Known to be the most populous city in the world, Shanghai plays a key role in China’s heavy industries. It is the commercial and financial center of Mainland China, as the world’s busiest container port is located in Shanghai. Shanghai definitely showcases the best of China’s booming economy, attracting businesses from all around the world. With our Shanghai Internship Program, you will have wide range of choices for internship position, from business to creative industry and from multinational companies to budding entrepreneurial business.
Shanghai was one of China’s first cities which were opened to trade. With the various foreign influences that Shanghai received, it was dubbed as The Paris of the East. Shanghai is famous for its architectural landmarks, from the European style skyscrapers to the rustic Old Town.
Shanghai Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Shanghai Internship Program is available anytime along the year for minimum 4 weeks to maximum 24 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday
Suggested Activities in Shanghai
1. Try Authentic Shanghai Dumplings – A speciality of Shanghai that is famous all around the world. You can visit JiaJia Tang Bao for Xiao Long Bao (soup dumpling) or Yang’s Fried Dumpling for Sheng Jian Bao (fried dumpling).
2. Ride the world’s fastest train - Shanghai Maglev Train can could reach its top speed of 267.8 mph (431 km/h) from 0 mph in just 4 minutes!
3. Get on a Walking Tour – Shanghai is a super friendly city for walkers. It has convenient lanes that will give you a pleasant walking journey. Enjoy many interesting sights along your walk, like the colonial era French Concession, modern villas, and old houses with antique furniture.
• Local Chinese people,all nationalities eligible for M or F visa, foreign talent in China (with valid visa)
• Above 18 years old
• Fluent in English
• A fluency in Mandarin language will be a great advantage.
• 2 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Shanghai
• Practice Your Chinese Skill - Locals will appreciate it when they see your effort to speak Chinese with them. Try to implement what you have learned in school to the work place.
• Learn about Guanxi – Guanxi is basically a relationship of exchanging or “paying back” favors. These personal connections are extremely important to do business in Shanghai, as most businesses are started by referrals. Chinese people also prefer to establish a strong personal relationship with business partners. Do not be surprised if you are invited to go drinking, as this is the Chinese people’s way of building relationship.
• Understand the concept of “Giving Face” or GeiMianZi – This concept means that you need to give appropriate respect to people according to rank and seniority. Basically, defer to your boss and seniors. Never show disagreement publicly. If you want to tell them about your opinion, try doing it privately. This concept is pretty much the result of the China’s collectivism and hierarchical culture. Group harmony is vital and arguments should be avoided.
Start your Shanghai internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright Internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Shanghai.
Register yourself now with the Application Form.
See you soon in Shanghai!